If you're a proud owner of a Ford Explorer, you know how spacious and versatile its cargo area can be. However, with great space comes great responsibility, and keeping it organized can be a challenge. Whether you're a busy parent, an outdoor enthusiast, or a frequent traveler, having a clutter-free cargo area can make your life easier and more enjoyable. In this blog post, we'll share 10 creative ways to organize your Ford Explorer cargo area, from simple DIY solutions to innovative products that will maximize your storage space and keep everything in its place. Let's get started!
Maximizing Space: Tips for Packing Your Ford Explorer Cargo Area
The Ford Explorer is a popular SUV that offers plenty of cargo space for all your needs. However, packing the cargo area can be a challenge, especially if you have a lot of items to transport. Here are some tips to help you maximize space:
1. Use packing cubes or organizers to keep items organized and compact.
2. Fold down the rear seats to create more space. The Ford Explorer has a 60/40 split-folding rear seat, which allows you to fold down one or both sections for more cargo room.
3. Use the roof rack to transport larger items, such as bikes or kayaks. The Ford Explorer comes with a roof rack that can hold up to 165 pounds.
4. Pack heavy items first and distribute weight evenly. This will help prevent the vehicle from becoming unbalanced and improve handling.
5. Use bungee cords or cargo nets to secure items and prevent them from shifting during transport.
DIY Cargo Organizers for Your Ford Explorer
If you're looking for a way to keep your Ford Explorer cargo area organized, there are plenty of DIY options to consider. Here are a few ideas:
1. Use a shower caddy to store small items, such as sunscreen, bug spray, and snacks. Hang it from the back of the rear seats for easy access.
2. Install a cargo net or bungee cord system to keep larger items in place. You can purchase these items online or at your local hardware store.
3. Use a plastic bin or storage container to keep items organized and easy to access. Label the bins for even more organization.
4. Create a custom trunk organizer using cardboard boxes and duct tape. Cut the boxes to fit the shape of your cargo area and secure them together with duct tape.
5. Use a hanging shoe organizer to store small items, such as toys or snacks. Hang it from the back of the rear seats or from the roof rack.
The Best Cargo Accessories for Your Ford Explorer
The Ford Explorer is a versatile SUV that can handle a variety of cargo needs. To make the most of your cargo space, consider adding some accessories to your vehicle. Here are some of the best cargo accessories for your Ford Explorer:
- Cargo Liner: A cargo liner will protect your cargo area from spills, stains, and wear and tear. It's easy to clean and can be removed for washing.
- Cargo Organizer: A cargo organizer will keep your items in place and prevent them from rolling around while you're driving. It's especially useful for groceries, sports equipment, and other loose items.
- Cargo Net: A cargo net is a simple and affordable way to keep your items secure. It can be attached to the cargo hooks in your Explorer and will prevent items from shifting during transport.
- Roof Rack: If you need to transport larger items, a roof rack is a great option. It will allow you to carry bikes, kayaks, and other bulky items on the roof of your Explorer.
- Cargo Box: A cargo box is a great way to add extra storage space to your Explorer. It's weather-resistant and can be locked for added security.
By adding these accessories to your Ford Explorer, you can make the most of your cargo space and keep your items organized and secure.
How to Keep Your Ford Explorer Cargo Area Clean and Tidy
The cargo area of your Ford Explorer can quickly become cluttered and messy if you're not careful. To keep it clean and tidy, follow these tips:
- Use a Cargo Liner: A cargo liner will protect your cargo area from spills and stains. It's easy to clean and can be removed for washing.
- Organize Your Items: Use a cargo organizer to keep your items in place and prevent them from rolling around while you're driving. It's especially useful for groceries, sports equipment, and other loose items.
- Remove Unnecessary Items: Don't let items accumulate in your cargo area. Remove anything that you don't need on a regular basis.
- Vacuum Regularly: Use a vacuum to remove dirt and debris from your cargo area. This will help prevent stains and keep your cargo area looking clean.
- Wipe Down Surfaces: Use a damp cloth to wipe down surfaces in your cargo area. This will help remove any dirt or grime that has accumulated.
By following these tips, you can keep your Ford Explorer cargo area clean and tidy. This will make it easier to find what you need and prevent damage to your vehicle.
Organizing Your Ford Explorer for Outdoor Adventures
Going on outdoor adventures with your Ford Explorer can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a challenge to keep everything organized. Here are some tips to help you keep your Explorer organized:
1. Use storage containers: Invest in some storage containers that fit in your Explorer's cargo area. This will help you keep everything in one place and make it easier to find what you need.
2. Use a roof rack: If you have a lot of gear, consider using a roof rack to free up space inside your Explorer. This will also make it easier to access your gear when you need it.
3. Use a cargo net: A cargo net can be a great way to keep smaller items from rolling around in the back of your Explorer. It's also a good way to keep items from flying out of your vehicle when you're driving on the highway.
4. Use a trunk organizer: If you have a lot of small items, consider using a trunk organizer to keep everything in one place. This will make it easier to find what you need and keep your Explorer organized.
Creative Uses for Your Ford Explorer Cargo Area: Beyond Storage
Your Ford Explorer's cargo area can be used for more than just storage. Here are some creative ways to use your Explorer's cargo area:
1. Sleeping area: If you're going on a camping trip, you can use your Explorer's cargo area as a sleeping area. Just fold down the seats and lay down a sleeping bag or air mattress.
2. Mobile office: If you need to work on the go, you can use your Explorer's cargo area as a mobile office. Just set up a desk and chair and you're ready to work.
3. Dog crate: If you have a dog, you can use your Explorer's cargo area as a dog crate. Just add a dog bed and your furry friend will have a comfortable place to ride.
4. Mobile kitchen: If you're going on a road trip, you can use your Explorer's cargo area as a mobile kitchen. Just set up a portable stove and cooler and you're ready to cook.
With a little creativity, your Ford Explorer's cargo area can be used for a variety of purposes beyond storage. Just make sure to always prioritize safety and never use your vehicle in a way that could be dangerous or illegal.
In conclusion, organizing your Ford Explorer cargo area doesn't have to be a daunting task. With these 10 creative ways, you can easily maximize your space and keep everything in order. From using storage bins and cargo nets to installing a roof rack and creating a DIY platform, there are plenty of options to suit your needs and preferences. Remember to prioritize safety and functionality when organizing your cargo area, and don't be afraid to get creative with your solutions. With a little effort and ingenuity, you can transform your Ford Explorer into a well-organized and efficient space for all your adventures.