If you're planning a road trip in your Honda CRV, you know that maximizing your cargo space is essential. A cluttered and disorganized cargo area can make it difficult to find what you need and can even be a safety hazard. But fear not, with a little planning and organization, you can transform your CRV's cargo area into a spacious and efficient storage solution. In this ultimate guide, we'll share tips and tricks for organizing your Honda CRV cargo area for road trips, so you can hit the road with confidence and peace of mind.
Honda CRV Cargo Area Dimensions and Capacity
The Honda CRV is a popular compact SUV that offers plenty of cargo space for all your needs. The cargo area dimensions and capacity of the Honda CRV vary depending on the model year. Here are some of the most common dimensions and capacities:
- 2017-2021 Honda CRV: 39.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats, and 75.8 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
- 2012-2016 Honda CRV: 37.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats, and 70.9 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
- 2007-2011 Honda CRV: 35.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats, and 72.9 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
These dimensions and capacities make the Honda CRV a great choice for road trips, camping, and other outdoor activities where you need to bring a lot of gear. With the rear seats folded down, you can even fit larger items like bicycles or camping equipment.
Essential Road Trip Gear for Your Honda CRV
Going on a road trip in your Honda CRV can be a fun and exciting adventure. However, it's important to make sure you have all the essential gear you need to make the trip comfortable and enjoyable. Here are some of the must-have items for your Honda CRV road trip:
- Cooler: A cooler is essential for keeping drinks and snacks cold on long drives.
- Camping gear: If you plan on camping, make sure to bring a tent, sleeping bags, and other camping essentials.
- First aid kit: It's always a good idea to have a first aid kit on hand in case of emergencies.
- Navigation system: Make sure you have a reliable navigation system or GPS to help you get to your destination.
- Entertainment: Bring books, magazines, or a tablet to keep you entertained during long drives.
- Car charger: Make sure you have a car charger for your phone or other electronic devices.
By packing these essential items, you'll be prepared for any situation and can enjoy your Honda CRV road trip to the fullest. Happy travels!
Creative Storage Solutions for Your Honda CRV
When it comes to packing your Honda CRV, it's important to make the most of the available space. Here are some creative storage solutions to help you do just that:
1. Cargo Organizers
Cargo organizers are a great way to keep your belongings in order and prevent them from shifting during transit. You can find organizers that fit into the trunk or cargo area of your CRV, and they come in a variety of sizes and shapes to accommodate different items.
2. Roof Racks
If you have larger items that won't fit inside your CRV, consider investing in a roof rack. This will allow you to securely transport items like bikes, kayaks, or luggage on top of your vehicle.
3. Seat Back Organizers
Seat back organizers are a convenient way to keep items within reach while you're on the road. These organizers attach to the back of your front seats and typically have pockets and compartments for storing things like snacks, electronics, and books.
4. Under-Seat Storage
If you're looking for a way to maximize your CRV's interior space, consider adding under-seat storage. This can be especially useful for storing smaller items like tools, first aid kits, or extra clothing.
Tips for Packing Your Honda CRV Efficiently
Packing your Honda CRV can be a challenge, especially if you're trying to fit a lot of items into a small space. Here are some tips to help you pack your CRV efficiently:
1. Make a List
Before you start packing, make a list of everything you need to bring with you. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you don't forget anything important.
2. Use Packing Cubes
Packing cubes are a great way to keep your belongings organized and easy to find. These small, lightweight bags can be used to separate clothing, toiletries, and other items, making it easier to pack and unpack your CRV.
3. Pack Heavy Items First
When loading your CRV, it's important to pack heavy items first. This will help distribute the weight evenly and prevent your vehicle from becoming top-heavy.
4. Use Every Inch of Space
Don't be afraid to use every inch of space in your CRV. This means packing items tightly and using the nooks and crannies of your vehicle to store smaller items.
5. Consider Renting a Trailer
If you have a lot of items to transport, consider renting a trailer. This will give you extra space and make it easier to transport larger items like furniture or appliances.
How to Keep Your Honda CRV Cargo Area Clean and Organized
The Honda CRV is a popular SUV that offers plenty of cargo space for all your needs. However, it's easy for the cargo area to become cluttered and messy. Here are some tips to keep your Honda CRV cargo area clean and organized:
- Use organizers: Invest in cargo organizers to keep your items in place and prevent them from rolling around. You can find organizers that fit the shape and size of your CRV's cargo area.
- Use a cargo liner: Protect your cargo area from spills and stains by using a cargo liner. This will make cleaning up any messes much easier.
- Clean up regularly: Take a few minutes to clean up your cargo area after each use. This will prevent clutter from building up and make it easier to find what you need next time.
- Use storage containers: Use storage containers to keep smaller items organized and prevent them from getting lost in the larger items.
- Remove unnecessary items: Keep only the essentials in your cargo area to prevent it from becoming cluttered. Remove any items that you don't need regularly.
Customizing Your Honda CRV Cargo Area for Your Needs
The Honda CRV offers plenty of cargo space, but sometimes you need to customize it to fit your specific needs. Here are some ideas for customizing your Honda CRV cargo area:
- Install a cargo net: A cargo net can be installed to keep your items in place and prevent them from rolling around while driving.
- Add a cargo box: If you need more storage space, consider adding a cargo box to the roof of your CRV. This will allow you to store larger items without taking up space in the cargo area.
- Install a bike rack: If you enjoy biking, install a bike rack to the roof or rear of your CRV. This will allow you to transport your bike without taking up space in the cargo area.
- Use a pet barrier: If you have pets, use a pet barrier to keep them in the cargo area and prevent them from jumping into the front seat while driving.
- Install a power outlet: If you need to charge your devices while on the go, install a power outlet in the cargo area. This will allow you to charge your devices without taking up space in the front seat.
With the tips and tricks outlined in this ultimate guide, you can now confidently organize your Honda CRV cargo area for your next road trip. From maximizing space with storage solutions to packing efficiently and safely, you can ensure that your journey is comfortable and stress-free. Remember to prioritize accessibility and convenience, and don't forget to pack the essentials. With a little planning and creativity, you can transform your CRV into a home away from home. So, whether you're embarking on a weekend getaway or a cross-country adventure, use this guide to make the most of your Honda CRV's cargo area and enjoy the ride!