If you're planning a road trip with your Subaru Ascent, you'll want to make sure you have enough space to store all your gear. The cargo area of your Ascent can be a great place to store everything you need for your trip, but it can quickly become disorganized and cluttered if you're not careful. In this guide, we'll show you how to organize your Subaru Ascent cargo area for road trips, so you can make the most of your space and keep everything you need within easy reach. From packing tips to storage solutions, we've got you covered.
Introduction to the Subaru Ascent and its Cargo Area
The Subaru Ascent is a mid-size SUV that offers ample space for passengers and cargo. With three rows of seating, it can accommodate up to eight people comfortably. The cargo area is also generous, with up to 86.5 cubic feet of space when the second and third rows are folded down. The cargo area also features a power liftgate and a low load floor, making it easy to load and unload items. The Ascent also comes with standard roof rails, providing even more options for carrying gear on top of the vehicle.
Essential Items to Pack for Your Subaru Ascent Road Trip
When planning a road trip in your Subaru Ascent, it's important to pack the right items to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable journey. Here are some essential items to consider:
- First aid kit
- Emergency roadside kit
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Reusable water bottles
- Snacks and drinks
- Blankets and pillows
- Portable phone charger
- Navigation system or maps
- Entertainment options, such as books, games, or a tablet
- Cooler for food and drinks
By packing these essential items, you'll be prepared for any situation and able to fully enjoy your Subaru Ascent road trip.
Tips for Maximizing Space in Your Subaru Ascent Cargo Area
The Subaru Ascent is a spacious SUV that can accommodate a lot of cargo. However, if you want to maximize the space in your cargo area, here are some tips:
- Use storage containers: Storage containers can help you organize your cargo and make the most of the available space. You can find containers that are designed to fit perfectly in the Ascent's cargo area.
- Use cargo nets: Cargo nets can be attached to the sides of the cargo area to keep items from rolling around during transport. This can help you use more of the available space.
- Fold down the rear seats: The Ascent's rear seats can be folded down to create more cargo space. This can be especially useful if you need to transport larger items.
- Use a roof rack: If you need to transport even more cargo, consider using a roof rack. This can free up space in the cargo area and allow you to transport larger items.
By following these tips, you can make the most of the space in your Subaru Ascent's cargo area and transport all of your gear safely and efficiently.
How to Secure Your Cargo in the Subaru Ascent for Safe Travel
When transporting cargo in your Subaru Ascent, it's important to make sure that it's secured properly. Here are some tips for securing your cargo:
- Use cargo straps: Cargo straps can be used to secure items to the cargo area's tie-down points. Make sure to tighten the straps so that the cargo doesn't move during transport.
- Use cargo nets: Cargo nets can be used to keep items from rolling around during transport. Make sure to attach the net securely to the sides of the cargo area.
- Use storage containers: Storage containers can help keep your cargo organized and prevent it from shifting during transport. Make sure to secure the containers to the cargo area using cargo straps or bungee cords.
- Don't overload the cargo area: Make sure to follow the Ascent's weight limits and don't overload the cargo area. This can affect the vehicle's handling and stability.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your cargo is secured properly and that you can transport it safely in your Subaru Ascent.
Creative Storage Solutions for Your Subaru Ascent Cargo Area
The Subaru Ascent is a spacious and versatile SUV that can accommodate all your storage needs. However, to make the most of its cargo area, you need to be creative and organized. Here are some storage solutions that can help:
Cargo Nets and Organizers
Cargo nets and organizers are a great way to keep your items organized and prevent them from rolling around in the cargo area. You can find a variety of cargo nets and organizers that fit the Ascent's cargo area, including trunk organizers, cargo nets, and cargo trays.
Cargo Boxes and Bags
Cargo boxes and bags are another great option for storing your items in the Ascent's cargo area. These come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and can be used to store anything from groceries to camping gear. Some cargo boxes even come with built-in locks for added security.
Bike Racks and Ski Racks
If you're an outdoor enthusiast, you may want to consider adding a bike rack or ski rack to your Ascent. These racks can be mounted on the roof or the rear of the vehicle, and can free up valuable cargo space inside the vehicle.
The Ascent's third-row seats can be folded down to create additional cargo space. If you don't need the extra seating, consider folding the seats down to create more room for your items.
Maintenance and Cleaning Tips for Your Subaru Ascent Cargo Area After a Road Trip
After a road trip, your Subaru Ascent's cargo area may be in need of some maintenance and cleaning. Here are some tips to help you keep your cargo area in top condition:
Vacuum and Wipe Down
The first step in cleaning your cargo area is to vacuum up any dirt, sand, or debris that may have accumulated during your trip. Once you've vacuumed, use a damp cloth to wipe down any surfaces that may be dirty or sticky.
If you notice any stains on the carpet or upholstery in your cargo area, try to remove them as soon as possible. You can use a stain remover or a mixture of water and vinegar to remove most stains.
Check for Damage
After a road trip, it's a good idea to check your cargo area for any damage. Look for scratches, dents, or other signs of wear and tear. If you notice any damage, take your vehicle to a professional for repairs.
Organize Your Items
Before you put your items back in the cargo area, take some time to organize them. Use cargo nets, organizers, and boxes to keep your items from rolling around or getting damaged during transit.
Protect Your Cargo Area
To keep your cargo area in top condition, consider using a cargo liner or mat to protect the carpet and upholstery from spills and stains. You can also use a cargo cover to protect your items from prying eyes and potential theft.
In conclusion, organizing your Subaru Ascent cargo area for road trips can make a significant difference in your travel experience. By following the tips and tricks outlined in this guide, you can maximize your space, keep your items secure, and make the most of your adventure. Remember to prioritize safety and accessibility when packing, and consider investing in storage solutions such as cargo nets, organizers, and roof racks to make the most of your available space. With a little planning and preparation, you can hit the road with confidence and enjoy all the wonders that your Subaru Ascent and the open road have to offer.